Car Sets Up….Am I Doing Enough ???? 
Posted: 18 July 2012 01:31 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2009-08-31

My drag car sets up between races maybe 7-8 weeks sometimes....I am big on putting in a large amount of MMO and letting it run before I shut it down between races....do you think I am doing enough to prevent cylinders from rusting etc.??? ( this is a fuel injection car if that helps any )

Posted: 17 August 2012 05:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  52
Joined  2011-01-18

I’ve heard of people adding a tablespoon or so, of MMO to each cylinder (spark plug hole....) prior to “storage” - some even go as far as adding the MMO, then slightly cranking the engine, to let the MMO disperse throughout the cylinder......Or, just let gravity do it’s work.

What do you classify as “large amounts of MMO”?  I wouldn’t go adding any more than 4 oz. per 10 gallons to the fuel.......or more than 25% of MMO concentration in the engine......

Posted: 17 August 2012 05:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2009-08-31

I am currently dumping in about 6 oz. of MMO in a 3 gallon fuel cell before I leave the track and let the car idle and circulate the MMO. I usually will not crank the car again for sometimes 3-4 month period. This will also let MMO stay in the system for preserving a very expensive fuel pump and fuel injection system. Racing fuel alone is very corrosive.
I do not want to pull the plugs between races----that is the reason for my inquiry----I have used the teaspoon and spin method but if the heavy fuel mix is enough that is what I had rather do. Can you comment ????