will synthetic oil put mmo company out of business
Posted: 30 June 2012 11:46 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2010-07-29

more cars are using synthetic oils , and you say not to use mmo in synthetic oil are you putting yourself out of business of selling mmo slowly?

Signature 

Mike L

Posted: 01 July 2012 12:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  266
Joined  2008-12-13

MMO is not just for putting in the oil you know. I run it all the time in all my engines’ fuel. Marvel is not saying not to put it in synthetic oils but many of us on this forum don’t think it’s a good idea to risk messing with the additive package in a fresh change of top tier (group 4 or better) synthetic oil. I run long intervals and still use MMO in my oil, I just wait until there is about 3000 miles left to go before the change to add the MMO. The additive package is plenty used by then and the MMO will help fortify the old oil before it’s changed.

Posted: 01 July 2012 06:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  41
Joined  2010-11-06

Cost alone will keep many from using synthetic oil, especially as the vehicle ages.  MMO will continue to be popular with those who are familiar with it’s benefits.

Posted: 17 August 2012 05:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  52
Joined  2011-01-18

Nope....nil.  MMO has other benefits.......I believe my mother’s 2010 Kia Optima to have outrageous OCI......and it specs synthetic oil according to her (I’ll let her be the jidge there....Im not tearing thru her manual), and so I’ve got her on a 3k treatment rate, towards the END of her OCI, I put a pint of MMO into her engine......of course, not allowing the engine to over-fill.....as I feel it will help “clean up” what may have gotten dirty during these extended OCIs......

Posted: 09 January 2013 10:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  40
Joined  2010-12-19

Thats bull butter. I run MMO with synthetic all the time. It actually works pretty well.  I just add a pint and run it the last 1000 miles of an oci.

Posted: 30 January 2014 08:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2010-09-28

My 2011 corolla has 10K oil change. It uses sythethic 0 W 20 oil, should I still add MMO in gas as the dealer wanted to clean out the intake body for 130 dollars? 

He said even though it was not in the maintenance scheudel I needed it. I refused as I have never hearded of this before. 

Any one know of this? I have 40,000 K miles on it. Any info is appreciated.

Posted: 31 January 2014 04:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  41
Joined  2010-11-06

I’d like to see proof that the intake needs to be cleaned out after only 40,000 K.  I would do an Internet search to see what others have experienced.

Posted: 31 January 2014 12:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  266
Joined  2008-12-13

If your dealer is referring to cleaning the intake plenum and mass flow sensor, he may not be out of line. Everything like that is expensive at the dealer though and I’d get other estimates since it’s not a required service by your manual, or, like SparkPlug recommends, do internet research on it for your car. Running MMO in your fuel will not help in this area of the intake.

Posted: 25 February 2014 12:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  40
Joined  2010-12-19
Orangedotfever - 31 January 2014 12:51 PM

If your dealer is referring to cleaning the intake plenum and mass flow sensor, he may not be out of line. Everything like that is expensive at the dealer though and I’d get other estimates since it’s not a required service by your manual, or, like SparkPlug recommends, do internet research on it for your car. Running MMO in your fuel will no help in this area of the intake.

Thats very true.  My intake valves are clean as a whistle but the runners are heavily soiled. MMO only cleans what it touches