AVAILABILITY OF MMO IN TORONTO, ONTARIO, CANADA
Posted: 02 April 2011 03:50 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-04-02

I have looked for MMO but cannot seem to locate a Toronto retailer. I have emailed but no answer.

Posted: 03 April 2011 01:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  59
Joined  2009-10-28

IMO, you were right to post to this Forum.  (To see why, see my initial post to The mystery of MM005).

Alas, I was unable to Google up a current Toronto source for MMO.  Canada Tire used to be, but no longer.  Truserv Canada used to be, but got eaten last October, and I was unable to determine its current status WRT Marvel products.

One suggestion I saw on boards and blogs was, visits to the USA.  If you know someone who visits the USA often enough to matter, you might be able to get them to snag some.

I lived in Detroit for a while, so I know it’s just across the border from Windsor, Ontario.

Perhaps MMO (Admin) will have a suggestion.

Good luck!

Posted: 03 April 2011 02:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-04-02

Yes a trip South of the line is always a solution. I hope the folks at Turtlewax respond.They should have the final answer for availability in my area. If they do respond I will post the answer here.

Posted: 04 April 2011 02:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  103
Joined  2008-01-15

Hello Canadian MMO supporters!  Unfortunately, we do not sell MMO in Canada.  Canadian Tire used to carry it for us a few years back, but they no longer do.  There may be plans in the near future to bring it back North.  I’ll keep you updated.  Until then, sorry for the inconvenience.

Posted: 24 April 2011 06:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2011-04-08

who gives a s… about burberry bags. Are you a woman?

Posted: 25 April 2011 01:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  103
Joined  2008-01-15
glen - 24 April 2011 06:27 AM

who gives a s… about burberry bags. Are you a woman?

Hi Glen, the post regarding the fashion bags is spam.  I’ve contacted our web developers to see if they can prevent this from happening.  I apologize for the inconvenience.

Posted: 04 May 2011 11:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2011-04-21

I contacted the Canadian distribution telephone number for Western Canada, and the fellow phoned me back a day or so later. He kindly explained that MMO has not been available Canada for a little over a year now. Seems the company was being required to re-label its products in both English and French in order to qualify to have it imported into Canada, and they chose not to spend the money on converting their English-only labels to English & French, just for the Canadian market.

So, your only hope of actually buying some in Canada is to find a retailer who has some old stock ....shouldn’t matter how old the stuff is. Chances are, you’ll find it in the strangest places ..so just keep asking.  I called a True-Value Hardware store in a nearby small town ...they had some up until a few months ago, but were sold out and didn’t know why they couldn’t get any more. (I didn’t have the heart to tell them!) Then, I was in a local Castle Building Centres store (they also carry hardware, and oils and stuff) and I asked the guy if he’d ever heard of MMO, and he said, “Sure, there’s some on the shelf right over there!” ...I almost hugged the guy. He had 4 gallon jugs on the shelf, and said he had the rest of the case in the warehouse.  Turns out Castle Building Centres is a member of the same “buying group” as True-Value Hardware. There are other regional stores that are members of that same buying group, so chances are they might have some in stock as well. So, in addition to True Value stores, look for “V&S;Stores” and “Country Depot” stores.  Check out: http://www.truserv.ca/pls/truserv_pub/truserv.app and click on the Store Locations finder. There are stores all over Ontario that belong to the Truserv buying group. In Toronto, there’s Roncesvalles True Value Hardware, on Roncesvalles Avenue. 

Hope that helps!!

Posted: 05 May 2011 12:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-04-08

Hey digger89 will you sell me some.
I’ll even send you the cash first.
Glyn Morgan

Posted: 05 May 2011 03:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2011-04-21

Well, I guess I could. I paid $30.80 (including PST & GST) for the gallon I bought. I’ll figure out what it would cost to mail a gallon to you ...send me your postal code and address etc. in a private message, and we’ll figure something out.  I know the place I bought mine from has at least 4 or more gallons left in stock.

Posted: 14 May 2011 04:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  52
Joined  2011-01-18

I’ve found many retailers that sell MMO by the gallon online now (including turtlewax themselves!) But it’s actually cheaper (when you figure in the shipping costs.....) to buy 4 qts of MMO (to equal a gallon) than buying it BY the gallon.

And even locally, the one parts store i found that sold the gallon jug of MMO, same deal, cheaper to just buy the qts. 

And really, IMHO, it’s a little easier to manage in the quarts.  My one car I use an empty TCW-3 bottle, it’s got the neat ‘translucent’ graduated marks on the side, like a typical 5 qt jug of oil.  And another car, an old 5.25 oz. Lucas UCL bottle works great, gets just about the right concentration for my 15 gallon tank (though sometimes I’m probably over-concentrating the mix, more than 4 oz. per 10 gallons but eh, no ill effects thus far).

Posted: 24 June 2011 04:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-04-08

i didn’t get any MMO yet.

Posted: 08 September 2011 10:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-08-12

I got my last few litres/quarts awhile ago at Tractor Supply, but they are not right in Toronto but in the country like Orangeville. http://www.tscstores.com